Little Wings FAQ
Who are we?
Little Wings Childcare is a faith-based program for children ages 6 weeks to 5-years-old. (Pre-Kindergarten). Each day is structured with Jesus time, school readiness activities, social interaction and group dynamic activities. Your child will experience a loving atmosphere directed by Christian teachers. They will take part in hands-on centers, story time, dramatic play, and outside play.
How do we discipline?
Discipline is based on the 10 commandments and followed by discussion and a graced filled apology and forgiveness. Timeouts are one minute per age of child.
When are we closed?
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Jan.)
- President’s Day (Feb.)
- Spring Break (March/April, 1 week, no tuition)
- Memorial Day (May)
- July 4th
- Labor Day (Sept.)
- Thanksgiving break (Nov. Thurs/Friday)
- Christmas break (Dec./Jan., 1 week, no tuition)
Do I pay if I take my child out for vacation outside of the scheduled closed dates?
Little Wings does not charge tuition during Spring Break or during Christmas Break. Any time away outside of those times are charged tuition. If you are taking a vacation tuition is due before the scheduled time away.
How do I pay tuition?
Tuition is due on Mondays for weekly payment or the beginning of the month for monthly payment. Late tuition will be subject to additional fees.
How do I enroll my child?
- New families should set up a visit with Director Kathleen Brandt for a tour of the facility and a question/answer conference.
- Enrollment forms and a non-refundable deposit are required.
- Parents of infants should plan on 2-3 hour long follow-up visits in order to allow for caregivers to get to know the infant while the parent is present.
When can I enroll my child?
Infants must be at least 6 weeks of age. Enrollment is year-round but is subject to class availability.
But they who wait upon the Lord will get new strength. They will rise up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weak. Isaiah 40:31