What We Believe
- There is one true God.
- The one true God has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God sent His only Son into the world to become fully human that He might act as our substitute.
- Jesus Christ is God's Son and that through His life, death on His cross and resurrection from the grave, He paid for our sins and gives the guarantee of eternal life.
- Through Jesus, God restores us to a perfect relationship with Himself. That translates into God in our lives today and the promise of living with Him in His glory forever.
- All of us inherit sin as we enter into this world. Sin is more of a condition rather than just behavior. It makes us blind, dead and enemies of God. ???
- The Holy Spirit must call us to faith through the Good News of Jesus. Left to our own, we could never figure God out.
- The Holy Spirit uses specific tools to share the life of Jesus with us.
- The Bible (which makes us wise for life in Jesus.)
- Baptism (through which God connects us to the death and resurrection of Jesus and washes away our sin.)
- Holy Communion (in which Jesus gives us His true body and blood to keep us in the faith.)
- Life with God is based on His grace, as we grow in our confidence that God loves us because He has forgiven us all our sins. As we grow in grace we learn to apply that same forgiveness to our relationships and look to show God's mercy in the way we care.
God's mission for St. John Lutheran Church and its members is to:
- Proclaim God's forgiveness through Jesus Christ in worship and witness.
- Prepare God's people for works of service empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- Project God's love into our communities and world through caring and sharing.
As we consider the life we share and the projects we aim to accomplish, we filter it all through proclaim, prepare,project and believe if we cover all of them, we are assisting people in living out their relationship with Jesus.
It's all about Jesus!
"But these (the words of the Bible) are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." John 20:31
Our goal is to encourage each other in our absolute confidence that Jesus is our Savior who guarantees eternal life and gives us purpose for our lives here on earth. What we believe is all about receiving God's forgiveness in Jesus and conveying that confidence not only in what we say but in how we live.
Gain a deeper discovery of what we believe as The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.